2 Simplest Ways To Login As Root In Ubuntu Linux

It has been quite a long time since which I am using Ubuntu Linux as my primary OS and now I have been through several points where users find difficulty in performing several tasks. One of them is about logging in as a root user. Linux administrator account can do all the tasks except some which changes system settings. So this processes requires root login. Here I am providing you those two ways which I have found to be the easiest. Enjoy!
1. Terminal Mode
I have been to some situations where I need to login as root to get some things installed or done via terminal mode. You have to Google it a lot and then you will find some solutions but they will be too long or too complicated. I am giving you the easiest solution to login as root in Ubuntu. Just go to Applications > Accessories > Terminal and enter the command below and press enter. After that, It will prompt for your administrator password. Enter the password and hit the enter and it will log you in as a root!
sudo –s
termina root login
You might want to check some of my other Linux articles :
  1. Top 8 ways to get help with Ubuntu Lunix
  2. 5 things a newbie linux converts must know
2. Graphical Mode
You can install application from terminal root login but now if you want to copy some files or move some files from your root directory then this process will be long enough if you try via command terminal. So it will be better to use KDE root login. Just press Alt+F2 and it will open “Run Application” window, in that window, type the code given below and hit the enter. It will prompt you to insert the administrator password, press enter after inserting the password and now it will open a root directory browser via which, you can move, copy, create, delete any file you want to!
gnome root login
gksudo nautilus
kde root login
Linux is an open source OS which is said to be a bit complicated by those regular windows users but in my opinion, its complexity is what makes it a secure OS in which I never need to use any antivirus software! So far, my experience using Ubuntu Linux was quite satisfactory and I am looking forward to continue using this OS.
Hope you have enjoyed the article and if you need more help, tips, guide about Ubuntu Linux, do let me know be commenting below and do share your view about this article as well :)

Previous
Next Post »